What information does Tourpair process?
Tourpair is a meeting place for adults, and we provide that service by operating a social network site offering users the opportunity to connect to our global community of users. By joining Tourpair, you enter a legal agreement with us and we process your data in order to provide your service under the terms of that agreement. You can only become a member of Tourpair or use its features if you’re aged 18 or over or the age of majority in the country in which you reside if that happens to be greater than 18.
To join the Tourpair network you will have to complete our online registration form, where we may ask you to provide us with information about you such as your name, your email address, your gender, your date of birth, your location details. You also have the opportunity to provide other details about yourself, but these are optional. Because you control your user profile, these details are available to you at any time by accessing your “Profile” page, which gives you the chance to correct or update (other than your email address and gender) your information at any time by just logging in to Tourpair. You can contact Tourpair’s Customer Support Team at our Feedback Page to change the gender on your profile and/or email address.
Please be careful about posting sensitive details about yourself on your Profile such as your religious denomination and health details. While you may voluntarily provide this information to us when you create your Profile, including your sexual preferences and ethnic background, there is no requirement to do so. Please remember that photographs or any video clips that you post on Tourpair may reveal these kinds of sensitive personal data. Where you do upload and choose to tell us sensitive data about yourself, you are explicitly consenting to our processing your information and making this public to other users.
For safety and security and to ensure you have the best possible user experience, we require users to verify their accounts and might ask for your phone number or email confirmation. We want to make sure you are not a robot! And we also want to avoid fake Tourpair accounts being created which can be used for malicious activities and cyber crime – they threaten the Tourpair network and spoil things for everyone.
To prevent abuse of the app/site, Tourpair uses automated decisions to block accounts as part of its anti-spam procedures. In order to do this, our systems check accounts and messages for content that indicates breaches of our Terms and Conditions of Use. If an account or message meets certain criteria that demonstrate that the Terms and Conditions of Use are likely to have been breached, the relevant account will automatically be blocked. All users of accounts that have been blocked will be notified that their account has been blocked and affected users can contact Tourpair to contest the decision.
Tourpair also uses automated decisions to prevent fraudulent payment transactions being processed as part of its anti-fraud procedures. In order to do this, our systems check payment transactions for behaviour that indicates breaches of our Terms and Conditions of Use. If a transaction meets certain criteria that demonstrate that the Terms and Conditions of Use are likely to have been breached and the transaction is likely to be fraudulent, the relevant transaction may automatically be blocked. Where a transaction is blocked, the user will be notified that their transaction cannot be processed and affected users can contact Tourpair to contest the decision.
Please note that if your account is blocked, any account(s) that you have on our other group platforms/applications may also be blocked as part of our anti-spam and anti-fraud procedures.
If you decide to purchase any of our premium services, we will process your payment information and retain this securely for the prevention of fraud and for audit/tax purposes. Under data protection law, it is necessary for us to collect and process this payment data to enable us to perform our contract with you and our ongoing retention of this data is justified by our legitimate interests set out above.
To enable Tourpair to provide a free non-premium service, we process some limited data (demographics and location) to drive targeted advertising in our legitimate interest including sharing such data with advertising networks. We may also receive data indirectly from such advertising networks. You can stop this within Settings but you will still see adverts, though they will be less relevant to you. Through your device’s security settings you also have the option to prevent or limit device identifiers being shared with third party advertisers and what use is made of the device identifiers.
Finally, we want to keep in touch with you to make sure you know about the great promotions and offers we have available. If you’ve told us it’s OK, we will use your email address or phone number to send you information on these. You can withdraw this consent at any time via Settings in the app or website.
How long will Tourpair keep my data?
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as set out above) and as permitted by applicable law.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window), unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations);
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Where Tourpair uses machine learning, for example, to help us detect and prevent fraudulent card transactions, and to detect and prevent spam communications on the App (as explained above), we may need to keep personal information for a longer period than the retention periods explained above, to enable the machine learning to work properly. Where this is the case, we always seek to minimise the amount of personal information that is used and we ensure that it is ring-fenced and kept securely from other user personal information. We regularly review the period for which personal information is required for machine learning purposes and delete any identifiable information when it is no longer required.
What information does Tourpair collect about me if I’m under 18?
Tourpair does not knowingly collect any information about or market to children, minors or anyone under the age of majority. If we become aware that a child, minor or anyone under the age of 18 has registered with us and provided us with personal data, we will take steps to terminate that person’s registration and delete their Profile information from Tourpair. If we do delete a Profile because you violated our no children rules, we may retain your email and IP address to ensure that you do not try to get around our rules by creating a new Profile.
What information does Tourpair collect about my friends and contacts?
You can choose to invite your friends to join Tourpair to make sure that they also get the benefits of meeting new people. To make it easier to search and find friends and acquaintances on Tourpair, users may search for other members by email address.
Who does Tourpair share information with?
We may share aggregated information with such parties as Foursquare that includes your personal data (but which doesn’t identify you directly), together with other information including log data with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services.
We share your data with the following categories of third-parties:
- Information technology companies (hardware and software) which provide services to support our products
- Fraud prevention and anti-spam providers to protect the service from criminal activity
- Moderators to monitor activity on the site/apps and approve content
- Advertising partners, market places and providers of targeted advertising.
- Law enforcement agencies, where we are required to by law or to protect the vital interests of a person
- Payment processing and telecommunications companies to facilitate payments for our premium services
We ensure these parties must adhere to strict data protection and confidentiality provisions that are consistent with this Policy. Measures are taken to ensure that the data shared is non-attributable to the greatest extent possible.
You have a number of rights under European Data Protection law if you are an EU citizen.
- Right to be informed: what personal data an organization is processing and why (this notice).
- Right of access: you can request a copy of your data.
- Right of rectification: if the data held is inaccurate, you have the right to have it corrected.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: in limited circumstances, you have the right to request that processing is stopped but the data retained.
- Right to data portability: you can request a copy of your data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another provider.
- Right to object: in certain circumstances (including where data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests or for the purposes of marketing) you may object to that processing.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling: there are several rights in this area where processing carried out on a solely automated basis results in a decision which has legal or significant effects for the individual. In these circumstances your rights include the right to ensure that there is human intervention in the decision-making process.
How does Tourpair protect my personal data?
Tourpair has implemented appropriate security measures to protect and prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, including your personal data. Our technical experts at Tourpair work hard to ensure your secure use of our site.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our website, member database and records, no website or internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal data safe (including your password) and to log out of your account after use. If you lose your password or give it out, or another service provider that you use suffers a data breach and you have used the same credentials with that service provider as you have with Tourpair, your personal data may be compromised. If that happens, please report it to Support via our Feedback page.
Where is my personal data kept?
We want you to be able to access Tourpair wherever you happen to be in the world. To enable us to provide that service, we operate a global network of servers. The hardware is located in third-party data centres but is owned by Tourpair. Data collected by advertising partners may also be held outside the European Economic Area.
Does Tourpair collect any other personal data about me?
If you contact our Customer Support team via our Feedback page, we will receive your email address, and may track your IP address as well as the information you send to us to help resolve your query. We will keep records of our communications with you, including any complaints that we receive from you about other users (and from other users about you) for 6 years after deletion of your account.
Does Tourpair use my personal data for any other purpose?
We may use material that you post on the open access areas of Tourpair in advertising and promotional materials on our partner sites and partner products. We believe these uses are in line with our legitimate interests in enabling us to improve our site and better tailor your online experience to meet your needs. If we intend to do this, we will contact you for your prior approval.
From time to time we may run surveys for research purposes and we may contact you to find out if you would like to take part. Such surveys are optional and more information will be provided at the point of contact. If you do not wish to be contacted to take part in a survey, please contact our Customer Support Team at our Feedback Page.
We use your personal data to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use.
We collect information by placing cookies on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a piece of text stored on your computer or mobile device by your web browser. They are basically a tool that stores information about website visits, recognizes you and your preferences each time you visit Tourpair, and ensures site functionality and enables us to provide the services our members request.
When you visit the publicly available sections of Tourpair, a session ID cookie is placed on your computer that only lasts while you’re visiting. We also place persistent cookies (also known as local storage devices) on members’ computers, so that Tourpair remembers them and makes their login experience faster and easier. We may use persistent tracking cookies on your mobile device, mainly for security protection purposes, such as to prevent phishers, scammers, unauthorized login attempts, and to help you access your hacked account. We do not use any information whilst you are logged off.
You may set your browser and your mobile settings to block cookies and local storage devices, but if you do so, you may not be able to access the features that Tourpair offers.
- those that are strictly necessary to deliver the services and products you have requested, such as, for example purchasing Tourpair Premium;
- cookies related to the performance of Tourpair’s site, such as analytics that help us determine how our site is performing and ensure a smooth and trouble-free experience for our members and visitors;
- cookies related to the functionality of Tourpair’s site, such as remembering your preferences at login or your preferred language or allowing you to chat, add photos and instant message Tourpair members;
- third party cookies which link to other social networks and which you request via social plugins; and
- cookies used to improve and target advertising to you based on what’s relevant to you, to improve reporting on any advertising campaign and to avoid showing you ads you have already seen.